Deacon Depot and SciQuest, Inc.
August 31st, 2011
In a previous article, we introduced you to Deacon Depot – the new e-Procurement capability at Wake Forest. This capability is an online, hosted e-Procurement solution provided by a company called SciQuest, Inc.
Why SciQuest, Inc?
Through careful research, SciQuest, Inc. has been selected to provide the technology behind Deacon Depot for many reasons. The company is based in Cary, North Carolina, and is the market leader in providing e-Procurement solutions specifically to higher education institutions. These institutions include: the UNC System, Duke University, Cornell, MIT and Notre Dame, among many others across the country. SciQuest also partners with SunGard Higher Education, the company that provides Banner. Together with Banner, Deacon Depot will provide improved operational efficiencies as well as improved financial reporting information.
What improved operational efficiencies will be realized?
Deacon Depot will offer a number of features that will improve efficiencies over the current method of procurement at the University:
- On-demand, web-based shopping experience that is intuitive and easy to use
- A paperless environment in which to purchase, receive items, and process invoices
- Rapid, electronic ordering and approving of purchases
- Electronic routing of orders to suppliers
- Web-based, desktop receiving
- Central billing of electronic and paper invoices
- Automated ability to match purchase orders, receipts, and invoices
- Ability to search, compare, and select from one website at once
Countdown to Go-Live
The phase one departments are on target to begin using the new Deacon Depot application starting on September 1st. Does your department want to be part of the excitement? If so, there are two ways to let us know: