SciQuest Higher Markets, Inc., the solution provider for Deacon Depot will be performing their first of 3 upgrades to our e-Procurement system in March, 2012. On March 25, 2012, Deacon Depot will be upgraded to version 12.1 – the latest version of SciQuest. Below, please find information regarding key dates related to the upgrade as well as some of the product enhancements.
March 2, 2012 – The 12.1 release will be promoted to user test environments. Test environments will be unavailable from Friday, March 2nd, 8:00 am through Sunday, March 4th, 12:00 pm.
March 23, 2012 – The 12.1 release will be promoted to the production environment. Production environments will be unavailable from Friday, March 23rd at 10:00 pm through Sunday, March 25th at approximately 12:00 pm.
March 25, 2012 – 12.1 product release is available.
Date information for this upgrade as well as future upgrades for 2012 can be found on our Product Upgrade Information page.
1. Document Search
The new Document Search functionality was introduced with version 11.3. This new capability made searching for requisitions, purchase orders, and invoices in the application a more intuitive, user-friendly and efficient process. Additionally, new filter options were provided to look more like the item searches within the application. With the 12.1 upgrade, the Document Search will be the primary way to search for documents in Deacon Depot, and the History tab will no longer be available. Enhancements to look forward to include:
- Improved navigation between documents (no more having to do a new search every time you need to find a document!)
- Enhanced Advanced Search Options – Depending on the type of document your are
- looking for (requisition, purchase order, etc), there are new search options to choose from
- to make searching more user-friendly and efficient.
- Enhanced Post-search filtering
- Ability to save searches
- Ability to schedule searches to run automatically for certain date ranges.